- TSA Office, 18000 International Blvd #200, Seattle, WA 98188
Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) provide security and protection of air travelers, airports and aircraft in a courteous and professional manner. This includes:
- Operating various screening equipment and technology to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Performing searches and screening, which may include physical interaction with passengers (e.g., pat-downs, search of property, etc.), conducting bag searches and lifting/carrying bags, bins, and property weighing up to 50lbs.
- Controlling terminal entry and exit points.
- Interacting with the public, giving directions and responding to inquiries.
- Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive and angry passengers, in order to preserve the professional ability to identify and locate potentially life threatening or mass destruction devices, and to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Engaging in continuous development of critical thinking skills, necessary to mitigate actual and potential security threats, by identifying, evaluating, and applying appropriate situational options and approaches. This may include application of risk-based security screening protocols that vary based on program requirements.
- Retaining and implementing knowledge of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or unexpected obstacles.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $28.84 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National and at least 18 years of age
- Pass a drug screening, medical evaluation, and background investigation
- Subject to post-employment random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Must be registered for Selective Service (males born after 12/31/59)
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed
- Mandatory travel for training and occasional travel may be required
What to expect at this event
This event may feature multiple hiring components which will vary by event. Provided you pass each component, it’s possible you may:
- Attend an information session to learn more about the TSO and employment with TSA.
- Take a proctored computer-based test to evaluate object recognition aptitude (TSO only).
- Participate in a structured interview.
- Complete a medical evaluation, federal drug screening and pre-hire background investigation soon after the event.
Tips for the event
- If you don’t feel well, please do not attend.
- Please be prepared for possible wait times.
What to prepare
- Smartphone and/or passwords to access your email and USAJOBS account.
- Two forms of valid federal or state government-issued identification.
- Do not bring firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind. Possession of such items will result in dismissal from the facility.
- Resumes are NOT required to apply for TSO and SSA positions on USAJOBS.